The current public release of FRED is the version 2.29.1 (2017-03-24).
Binaries can be installed through the two most wide-spread package managers:
yum. All necessary information can be found in the Administration manual:
- system requirements (supported hardware and operating systems),
- installation procedure for Ubuntu,
- installation procedure for Fedora / RHEL / CentOS.
Download source code
Source code can be downloaded from our website in the forms of tarballs or RPM packages.
A list of all source packages in a single file (to use with a download tool).
The individual source packages:
- A fred-db – a collection of SQL scripts to set up PostgreSQL database
- A fred-idl – CORBA IDL interface definitions for internal inter-process communication
- D fred-distutils – an enhanced version of python-setuptools necessary for installation of all Python (D) packages
- D fred-pylogger – a Python wrapper over new logging infrastructure for all Python clients
- D fred-doc2pdf – a Python wrapper over the rml2pdf project used for the PDF generation of some documents
- D fred-pyfred – a Python CORBA server and clients for zone-file generator, email communication, technical checks and file-manager components
- A fred-server – C++ CORBA servers for all FRED functionality
- A fred-mod-corba – an Apache module serving other two modules (EPP, WHOIS) the common functionality of CORBA communication
- A fred-mod-eppd – an Apache module for processing and parsing EPP commands and transforming them into CORBA calls to server
- A fred-mod-whoisd – an Apache module for processing WHOIS commands and transforming them into CORBA calls to server
- D fred-whois – a simple web version of WHOIS – a Python CORBA client + simpletal templates
- D fred-webadmin – the web administration of various FRED features (mainly registrar creation and activity inspection)
- D fred-client – a Python EPP client – a command-line version and an embedded library
- D fred-transproc – a Python script for querying the various sources of bank transactions and processing them with FRED (tied to Czech environment)
- D fred-rdap – an RDAP server