The current version is 2.29.1 (2017-03-24).
To install the FRED, you can:
- deploy the pre-compiled binaries on a supported platform,
- compile the provided sources yourself,
- rebuild the SRPMS packages.
The following platforms are supported currently:
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) or Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus), with 64-bit architectures – installation procedure
- Fedora 24, Fedora 25, Centos 7 or RHEL 7 with 64-bit architectures – Installation procedure
- A fred-db – a collection of SQL scripts to set up PostgreSQL database
- A fred-idl – CORBA IDL interface definitions for internal inter-process communication
- D fred-distutils – an enhanced version of python-setuptools necessary for installation of all Python (D) packages
- D fred-pylogger – a Python wrapper over new logging infrastructure for all Python clients
- D fred-doc2pdf – a Python wrapper over the rml2pdf project used for the PDF generation of some documents
- D fred-pyfred – a Python CORBA server and clients for zone-file generator, email communication, technical checks and file-manager components
- A fred-server – C++ CORBA servers for all FRED functionality
- A fred-mod-corba – an Apache module serving other two modules (EPP, WHOIS) the common functionality of CORBA communication
- A fred-mod-eppd – an Apache module for processing and parsing EPP commands and transforming them into CORBA calls to server
- A fred-mod-whoisd – an Apache module for processing WHOIS commands and transforming them into CORBA calls to server
- D fred-whois – a simple web version of WHOIS – a Python CORBA client + simpletal templates
- D fred-webadmin – the web administration of various FRED features (mainly registrar creation and activity inspection)
- D fred-client – a Python EPP client – a command-line version and an embedded library
- D fred-transproc – a Python script for querying the various sources of bank transactions and processing them with FRED (tied to Czech environment)
- D fred-rdap – an RDAP server
A list of all sources in a single file (to use with a download tool).
A – Autotools
These packages are installed using this command sequence:
./configure make make install
D – Distutils
These packages are installed using this command:
python ./setup.py install
- The fred-distutils package must be installed before all D-marked packages.
- The fred-idl package must be installed before fred-pyfred, fred-server, fred-mod-whoisd, fred-mod-eppd are compiled.
.cz test package
There is a test environment available for .cz registrations running on FRED. You can use it for quick FRED testing as a Registrar. Download the pre-configured client, unpack the package and run
- To run the client, you'll need the Python version >= 2.4 (download the latest Python 2.x release).